Best Fish Tacos Hands Down




Ok, so a lot of place make fish tacos...some chains and even a place on Hillhurst called something like "World's Best Tacos" but the best fish taco place is in East L.A called Tacos Baja. The crazy thing is that their shrimp tacos are even better than their fish. These are Baja style tacos with a white fish deep fried with an amazing golden batter topped with shredded cabbage, salsa, finely diced red onion, cilantro and some crema. The fish tacos I actually had in Baja don't even come close to these. FYI, Wednesday is 99 cent taco day which is ridiculous for tacos this large and delicious. It's already a bargain at $1.59. I'm glad Chris suggested we go there tonite.

Tacos Baja
5385 Whittier Blvd.
L.A. (323) 887-1980

Taco's Baja Encenada on Urbanspoon

Comments

  1. I firmly believe if you want to have a real fish taco you're better off doing a day trip down to Tijuana. Any of the street carts on Revolution Blvd. are soooo yum. Plus, they don't use that weird batter. Instead, the fish is grilled fresh.

    Otherwise, there's that place in So. Pasadena on Mission Ave. Anyone know the name of it? Mr. Something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Fish Taco in Ensenada...This place has the best fried fish tacos.

    http://www.yelp.com/biz/best-fish-taco-in-ensenada-los-angeles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been here many times. Great fish tacos. Love the fried chilis too. Never seen them anywhere else. I also love their fish/shrimp soup. I can eat the shrimps no more b/c of my gout...so I give them to Mr. Thirstypig who doesn't seem to mind his gout attacks much.

    I wonder how their ceviches are...I've never tried, but it seems like a lot of people order them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment