Chicken & Waffles Woot! - Roscoe's

This famous Los Angeles restaurant - originating near South Central Los Angeles, features southern style comfort food. Their staple of fried chicken and waffle is a favorite of Angelo's and Hollywood stars at their Hollywood address. The Pasadena location caters to the northern Pasadena, San Gabriel Valley, and Altadena communities.

I personally like their fried chicken with gravy. Yes, I know fried chicken smoothered with a unhealthy portion of gravy. . . will significantly lower by health expectancy. But it is still so yummy. The chicken is consistent - not too dry, nor tough. I like dark meat myself, so it is never dry.

As any place, I like side orders. The side orders, in which I could all order and eat without entrees - which I might do in the future, is yummy in itself. My favorites are eggs with cheese & onions, mac'n cheese, rice and gravy, grits, potatoes, and yams. . .

On weekends, make sure you get there early for lunch/brunch. I have never gone for dinner. Expect about 15 buck/person. The comfort food is good, yet heavy. . . I probably come to Rosco's about 2 or 3 times a year.

Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles
830 N Lake Ave
Pasadena, CA 91104
(626) 791-4890
http://www.roscoeschickenandwaffles.com/


1/2 of a Fried Chicken


The sides of Mac and Cheese and Greens


Gravy on the Fried Chicken - YUMMY!


The Waffles

Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles on Urbanspoon

Comments