Tasty Dessert - The Secret Dessert Place!!

Mango Delight was its name. . .

Mango fruit on top of Mango Pudding with Manago ice cream . . . absolutely delish!! If you ever go to Shanghai look for a small restaurant called Bellagio. They feature afternoon snacks, coffee, tea, and desserts. They have this dessert called Mango Delight. I haven't had this dessert in few years. I thought I never have it again, unless I went back to Shanghai.

But one night after dinner, after an insistence from one from our group, we had to go to a place called Tasty Dessert. I usually only try new Asian restaurants on multiple recommendations. But since we were looking for a dessert place and ran out of options - I decided to, and quietly, make the best of it. . . . I was still skeptical.

The place, Tasty Dessert is located in a shopping center in San Gabriel on Valley Blvd. With a nice corner spot right by the street, It looks like a typical Asian boba tea shop. Once inside, you notice the solid wood stools that you don't usually find here in Southern California. These wood stools and tables remind me of the traditional tea houses found in Asia that sell tea by the pound. Aside from the stools/tables, that's where the similarities stop. The bright oranges hues and the colorful menus attempt to draw the youthful market in the San Gabriel valley. You could see they made a big effort in the design of their menus. I thought is was one of better menus with the big pictures.

Once I saw The Mango Dessert on the menu, I knew I had to order it. I know it wouldn't be the same since the taste and sweetness of the Mango's differs from the US and Asia. Given that the Mango fruit is not especially sweet, it has nice subtle tangy flavor. Mango's are one of my favorite fruits. Asian cultures differ from Western cultures with foods that are not necessarily too salty or too sweet. . .Back to the dessert, the mango pudding is just like the ones that you find in cantonese brunch dim sum restaurants. Coupled with the mango fruit and ice cream round this great little dessert nicely. You gotta try it. In the US, mango's are not as popular as they are in Asia. This rare combination could be quite popular here. They also have another version with coconut milk.

Another dish that I would like try here at Tasty Dessert are the knife cut noodles. These are my favorite style of noodles. They take a large pieces of dough and hand slice, with a knife, strands right into the boiling water. The doughy and soft chewy texture make the noodles unqiue. You can have the noodles in style - dry (without soup), and soupy. Unfortunately, I did not try it. I know of two of places in Southern California that feature this style of noodle.

Anyways. . .overall, I do suggest that you try Tasty Dessert for their unique dishes. With the noodles, I must plan another visit.






Tasty Dessert
250 W Valley Blvd Ste A
San Gabriel, CA 91776
(626) 282-8263

Hours:
Mon-Thu. 12:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Fri-Sat. 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 a.m.
Sun. 12:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m

Read more about me and my other posts.

Comments