Breakfast at Bottega Louie

The Gem of Downtown Los Angeles - Bottega Louie

Perhaps I should have made a few more visits to Bottega Louie, but with the suggestion of some friends, I knew I had to visit this place. The space occupies a prime 1st floor space on a corner in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles. When you walk in you notice why BL is the hottest restaurant in downtown LA. And I won't say much more about Bottega Louie, except that I do highly recommend a visit for almost any occasion.

Breakfast was my meal of choice at Bottega Louie. I had the breakfast scramble with spinach & cheese with a side of bacon - your typical California morning meal. Mr. B had a bagel & lox. I felt my eggs and spinach were typical and was nothing to write home about. But the bacon I had was solid and thick-cut, almost too much of a good thing. I didn't get to try the bagel & lox, unfortunately. I saw a nice offering of juices, pastries, and coffees, for those downtown power breakfast meetings.

I was able to mosey around the large airy restaurant to see the baked goods like cupcakes and muffins. Macaroons are the new "cupcakes" of a couple of years ago. You start to see them in more recipes, dessert combination's, and menu's. i would suspect that you'll see them more and more in the coming months. And Bottega Louie had a smattering array of multi-colored macaroons

What to Order: Any of the breakfasts looked fine. They have a nice baked good section with macaroons.
What not to Order: N/A. . . You could say the jury's still out since I haven't tried other things.

Parking situation: For breakfast and lunch, I only saw street parking available. I'm sure at night, they will have valet parking.

Rating
3 pigs, $$

Bottega Louie
700 S Grand Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(866) 418-9162
www.bottegalouie.com

Their breakfast menu is quite reasonable in price.

Bottega Louie features a large open kitchen.

The Macaroons or Macarons.

Cupcakes Galore!

This space is great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks.

Bagel & Lox

Capers!

The scramble of the day - spinach and cheese

The succulent bacon.

There was almost too much bacon.

Coffee





Bottega Louie on Urbanspoon
Bottega Louie in Los Angeles

Comments

  1. It would be almost too much bacon, except that's not possible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment